Our security responsibilities
We will ensure that:
- the data you provide will be safe. Encryption is used to protect the personal information you provide us and this data will only be used for the specified purpose.
- your data will be stored at a secure facility. Regular backups of data are performed to ensure it can be recovered in case of disaster.
- all access to AIATSIS websites is logged. If any unauthorised behaviour should occur, this will assist us in identifying and resolving the issue.
Increasing your safety online
Protecting your computer
- install and activate security software on your computer. Ensure your security software includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and anti-spam filters.
- run regular scans of your computer for viruses
- remember to update your security software to ensure you are always running the current version.
Other steps you should take to help protect your computer include:
- checking your Internet browser’s security settings for ways to make your browsing more secure
- not opening email attachments if you do not know the sender
- only downloading files from reputable Internet sites
- being wary when exchanging files with colleagues or friends
- never clicking on hyperlinks in emails received from unknown sources.
Protecting your password
- never share your password with anyone
- never send your password via email
- make your password as strong as possible.
Please contact us to report any suspicious or unauthorised activity relating to your use of the AIATSIS website.