The Indigenous Knowledge Exchange has been designed as a site of engagement between:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, communities and organisations;
- Researchers and research institutions; and
- Policy makers and decisionmakers.
The Exchange provides a platform for sharing priorities, outputs and impacts of research to create positive outcomes for our communities.
Through this platform we will:
- Strengthen the research evidence base available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, communities and organisations;
- Make good research more discoverable and useable and
- Improve the quality of government decision-making and partnerships in designing, delivering and evaluating policies and programs.
The Exchange showcases ethical, impactful and engaged research and knowledge exchange that translates into action and makes a positive difference.
You are invited to join this dynamic and exciting new community. In the medium term, the Exchange community will become more interactive and user led – as we build more functionality, you will be able to create your own profiles, upload and manage research projects and data that you are involved with, interact with other users and get regular updates of direct relevance to your priorities.
Indigenous Research Fund
AIATSIS has awarded over 30 research grants across Australia since 2018. Funded projects are Indigenous led and address the priorities identified by the Indigenous Research Exchange Advisory Board and align with the National Agreement on Closing the Gap reform priorities and targets.