Yumi Sabe has been designed as a site of engagement between:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, communities and organisations;
- Researchers and research institutions; and
- Policy makers and decisionmakers.
Yumi Sabe provides a platform for sharing priorities, outputs and impacts of research to create positive outcomes for our communities.
Through this platform we will:
- Strengthen the research evidence base available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, communities and organisations;
- Make good research more discoverable and useable and
- Improve the quality of government decision-making and partnerships in designing, delivering and evaluating policies and programs.
Yumi Sabe showcases ethical, impactful and engaged research and knowledge exchange that translates into action and makes a positive difference.
You are invited to join this dynamic community. As the functionality of the site increases, it will become more interactive and user-led. You will be able to upload and manage your research projects and data, interact with other users, and get regular updates tailored to your priorities.
Indigenous Research Fund
AIATSIS has awarded over 30 research grants across Australia since 2018. Funded projects are Indigenous led and address the priorities identified by the Indigenous Research Exchange Advisory Board and align with the National Agreement on Closing the Gap reform priorities and targets.
Contributing to the exchange
The ultimate success of Yumi Sabe will come from the contributions and feedback of our users.
Contributions from community members and researchers build the evidence base that powers the platform.